The ELINOR OSTROM RESEARCH GRANT, sponsored by the Elinor Ostrom Fund and SBE, is designed to support female academics in the early stages of their research careers. It is intended to enhance women’s research expertise by providing support in progressing research projects and publishing results.
Facts & Figures
- Available to women who are employed as researchers, postdocs, assistant professors or associate professors at Maastricht University School of Business and Economics.
- €15,000 is available each year between 2016 and 2022.
- Applications may be submitted for sums ranging from €2,000 to €7,000.
- The grant may be used to fund costs such as personnel relief from teaching or unit coordination, or research assistance), a research visit abroad, research expenses or professional mentoring.
- The grant will NOT cover expenditures that fall under the regular responsibility of the applicant’s department (e.g., conference attendance).
- Recipients of an Elinor Ostrom Research Grant must spend the money within 12 months of it being granted.
- Applications will be reviewed by all members of the Elinor Ostrom Fund advisory board.
- Applicants must submit an application form to Nicole Hermans.
- Application deadlines are May 30 and November 30.
Read the background report on Woman in Academia here.